Monday 15 July 2013

Michael Klinger

This week I will be interviewing Tony Klinger, son of legendary British producer and head of Compton Films Michael Klinger. I will be talking to him specifically about Compton's international acquisitions. Tony worked for his dad back in the sixties, so will hopefully be able to give me some great information for my case study on Compton.

A few years ago he donated what remained of Michael Klinger's archive to the University of West Anglia, where Dr Andrew Spicer has been doing some great work. He has interviewed loads of people who worked with Klinger and has put most of it up on their website, The Michael Klinger Papers. It is well worth a look if you're interested in British independent production. Not only did Klinger make movies with Compton, but he also went on to do films like Get Carter, Shout at the Devil and Gold, the latter two with Roger Moore.

I managed to get in touch with Tony through LinkedIn, which means I've finally found a use for it.



No comments:

Post a Comment