Thursday 19 September 2013

Sexploitation and Norman J. Warren

My research interests have always lain in the 1960s. I'm not entirely sure why, but that decade holds endless fascination for me. Before I started looking at international cinema, I spent a long time writing about British film in that decade. In 2010 I gave my first ever paper at a conference, and it was on Norman J. Warren's then unknown early sexploitation films. Since then, and I like to think partly thanks to my work, the BFI put Her Private Hell out on blu ray and DVD as part of their Flipside range. I was invited to contribute to the booklet for that release and attended the cast and crew screening, which was very exciting.

I have now uploaded that paper plus the imagery on my Academia.edu profile, so you can now read it, should you be so inclined. You can find it here.



(still from Loving Feeling (1968))



No comments:

Post a Comment